Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Better Spanish than the Locals

Exercise on the Beach
I started out the week in a cool area called San Pedro La Laguna! It’s a new area that has 2 members who attend church. There are two elders trying to open the area but it’s been pretty hard for them.  We went over there to help out and found a ton of people and a family of ten! Not to mention it's one of the prettiest places ever! Their house is right on the beach of the lake so we went out to the beach to exercise! I also taught a French lady for the first time in my mission so I felt a little like Josh Beck!

On Wednesday I had to go back to my area which is a long process because the lake is huge and my area is on the other side of it!  We were in a bus for about 3.5 hours just trying to get back!  To take a boat across the lake takes like 20 minutes, but we can't travel by boat.  :(
  
Thursday we went to an area that is know for not knowing any Spanish! It always makes me feel good having better Spanish than all the other locals hahaha!  It was fun trying to commutate with them and we actually had quite a bit of success out there.

Right now we are teaching a kid named Julio. He is twenty and SOOO FUNNYY! He loves the church and he has been reading and praying but the only hard part is that he never has time! We can never find him but we are going to keep working with him!

This is Dragon Fruit - it tastes like kiwi just less sour and it is so good!   

For p day we went down to Pana to play soccer and I’m just going to say that we won ;)  I’ve grown to like soccer a little bit out here!

I love you guys and thanks for everything!!!!
Adios - Branson



No comments:

Post a Comment